In Criminal Law: Text, Cases, and Materials, Jonathan Herring offers comprehensive legal coverage and insightful analysis, neatly separated out for ease of use, alongside expertly selected extracts from key cases and academic sources.
- A unique two-part approach to covering both doctrinal and theoretical criminal law makes the text appropriate across a wide range of levels and abilities
- The inclusion of extracts from case judgments and critical academic writings deepens students' engagement with the subject
- Further reading suggestions and questions at the end of individual sections allow students to reflect on the content and offer clarity on where to find extra coverage
- The structure is closely tailored to criminal law courses ensuring that the text provides all of the commentary and materials needed to gain a comprehensive understanding of each topic
- Accompanied by extensive online resources, including self-test questions, key case flashcards, guidance on answering selected questions in the book, and an introductory video from the author talking about the study of criminal law and his approach to the subject