Unlocking Evidence will ensure that you grasp the main concepts with ease providing you with an indispensable foundation in the subject. The book explains in detailed, yet straightforward, terms:-
- The burdens and standards of proof
- Testimony of witnesses
- Disclosure of evidence and protection from disclosure;
- Privilege and public interest immunity
- Course of trial Hearsay
- Confessions and other illegally obtained evidence
- Evidence of bad character in criminal proceedings
- Admissibility of bad character evidence of defendants
- Corroboration, lies, care warnings and identification evidence
- Opinion, documentary and real evidence.
This second edition is fully up-to-date with the latest changes in the law and now includes discussion of witness anonymity, an expanded section on special measures, more detail on illegally obtained evidence, plus discussion of the context of the law, such as an increasing emphasis on victims.